Mar 6, 2013

Pecha Kucha Night 11


I was asked to make the poster for Pecha Kucha Night by friend Logan Alexander. Pecha Kucha Night is a gathering where creatives get together and share ideas. I was told I could do whatever I want which is the best, but hardest assignment to be given. To narrow down the possibilities I started thinking about  the kind of people the event brings. I think it attracts like-minded individuals who are looking to learn, grow and be inspired. Cats attracted to a giant bottle of milk seemed to go along with that thought!

 Below is a little process. Once I knew what I was going to do I had to figure out how I was going to do it. Lots of scribbling before finding something I liked. 
I was trying to figure out how I was going to draw the type and where I was going to put it while sketching.








I had to resist my urge to make everything warm and orange which is the case with a lot of my illustrations.  The values were so similar and the big orange cat worked better on a complimentary background.
Just need to add type.
Final

 Cleo makes a cameo.

I made an alternate version and replaced the logo on the bottle to send out as a postcard.

1 comment:

Meera Nagarajan said...

Cleo makes a cameo! Always.